CARY SWIM CLUB
A Family Recreation Center
Membership approved the budget at our annual meeting* in September.
*All members were invited to attend.
COVID Policy Details for Phase Two
Please help the staff successfully implement the required COVID policies, for the safety and health of all members, by being aware of the following:
- An attendant will be checking in members upon arrival. You will need to show ID, so please be aware and prepared for this change.
- The water capacity is 59 people in the pool at a time. Deck capacity is higher.
- First Come First Serve Time-Blocks, with breaks for sanitation before the next group of members may enter.
- The pool deck must be cleared at the end of each time-block for sanitation.
- Each member family may use ONE time-block per day. This allows all members time for enjoying the pool during this period of reduced capacity. NO GUESTS during Phase 2.
- Members under 16 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult. This is per CDC recommendations.
- Once we are at maximum capacity the front attendant will not allow any additional members inside the pool premises. If a member enters the pool after being informed we are already at maximum capacity, that will be grounds for an immediate dismissal from the pool premises as well as a 2 week probationary period for which said membership/family is not allowed at the pool during that time.
You must be Fever-Free for 72 hours before returning to Cary Swim Club.
If you or a member of your household tests positive for coronavirus, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org. The board will send a HIPPA compliant letter to all members via email. This letter will also be posted at the pool in high visibility areas.
Monitor Your Children's Social Distancing
Parents are expected to monitor their own children and enforce social distancing. The guards are responsible for swimmer safety, so will not be calling out members regarding distancing.
NO GUESTS and No Parties
There will currently be no scheduled parties and the grill is not available for use.
DO NOT move CSC chairs around the pool deck
Lounge chairs and sets of tables with chairs are spaced around the pool deck in a specific manner as to honor social distancing. If you have a family group larger than the set of 3 lounge chairs or set of 4 chairs at a table, you may bring additional chairs from home but CSC chairs CANNOT be moved around the pool deck.
Come Dressed to Swim/Sunbathe
The bathrooms are to be used solely for toilets, diaper changing, and handwashing at the sinks. ALL showers are closed for now and changing of clothes will not be permitted at this time. Some cleaning solutions may contain bleach, so please plan appropriately when choosing your suit and towels.
The Concession Stand is Closed
Bring your own snacks and drinks. There will not be a communal water dispenser available.
Some Normal Activities are NOT Allowed
This includes games that cannot honor social distancing, such as, but not limited to, sharks & minnows, basketball, wall ball, volleyball. Tennis is still allowed for those who wish to use the courts and bring their own equipment. Communal water toys will also not be available for check out from the guard stand.
NO Sunday Floats (during Phase 2)
Personal pool noodles from home can be used any day of the week. However, the guards can ban pool noodles for improper usage, such as spitting and horseplay.
Infant floats can be used, but an adult MUST have hands on the float at all times. They are not to be used as a safety device.
Caregiver passes are available for $25 per caregiver. If your caregiver brings kids to the pool, that is your family’s time block use for the day. Another adult/parent can not return with the children that day.
There will be no swim meets during Phase 2. The board and swim team will revisit meet options and opportunities when we enter Phase 3.
As the pool determines the best way for the majority of membership to enjoy the pool, please be patient. This is a fluid situation and there is potential for changes, depending on feedback from members, guards, and our management team, Triangle Aquatics.