Notice of Annual Meeting
The Cary Swim Club Annual Membership meeting will take place on Sunday September 10th, 2017 at 4:00 PM, at the pool located at 808 Tanglewood Drive, Cary, NC.
This meeting will consist of elections of new board members and budget approval for the 2017-2018 fiscal year.
1. Election of new positions to the Board of Directors. We will have 4 board members with terms expiring in September and 1 vacant position for a total of 5 available board seats.
If you are interested in serving on the board or on any of the subcommittees, please contact Kevin Aker at email@example.com. A separate email will be sent following with a description of Board member duties, etc for those interested in serving on the Board.
a. The Board consists of 12 members that serve 3 year terms. Four new positions become open each year, plus any vacancies.
b. The subcommittees are Membership, Pool Operations, Swim Team/Youth Programs, Facilities, Social, and Finance. These committees consist of board members and at-large members, so help is always appreciated.
c. The Board meets on the first Wednesday of each month throughout the year.
2. Presentation and vote of the current and proposed annual budget.
A quorum is needed to hold the annual meeting. One-tenth of the members entitled to vote, represented in person or by proxy, shall constitute a quorum at meetings of members. Each family household is considered a member and will represent one vote.
If you are unable to attend the annual meeting, please consider letting another member vote for you by submitting the proxy vote below. Proxies may be printed directly from this email, the website or picked up at the pool in the next couple of days.
Proxy Form for Cary Swim Club
Annual Membership Meeting
Sunday, September 10th, 2017 – 4:00 PM
at Cary Swim Club (CSC)
Cary Swim Club members in good standing may vote in person, by proxy to another member, or by mail-in or hand delivered ballot, per Article II (Meeting of Members) Section 6/7 (Quorum/Voting ) of the Bylaws and the North Carolina Non-Profit Corporations Act, Section § 55A‑7‑08, Action by Written Ballot.
Instructions for voting –
1) In Person – You may vote in person by attending the meeting
2) By Proxy - The proxy designation must be submitted in writing, on this form, to CSC by mail or hand deliver to the CSC Treasurer and registered by the CSC Secretary, prior to the start of the Annual Meeting. If you wish to designate someone as your proxy, please complete the following information and deliver it to the Treasurer. Even if you submit a proxy, you can revoke that proxy by attending the meeting and voting in person.
Name of proxy: ______________________________________________________
3) By completing a CSC issued ballot and mailing to Cary Swim Club, P. O. Box 483, Cary, N.C. 27512-0483. Mailed ballots must be received by September 8th, 2017 or hand delivered to the Treasurer prior to the start of the Meeting. The member name and signature must appear on the ballot.
Cary Swim Club
Post Office Box 483
Cary, NC 27512-0483
The Cary Swim Club Board of Directors 2017:
Kevin Aker, Stefan van Staveren, Roy Rysdon, Laura Oates, Scott McCleneghen, Billie Hilliard, Brian Barnett, Jenn Smith, Charles Smith, Tim Muller, Wendy Lee
808 Tanglewood Drive / Cary, NC 27511